If You’re Cleaning Up, a BIG THANK YOU!!
and… Stay Safe
- Please practice “Social Distancing” – Stay 6 feet apart, and use your own bag
- Wear a face covering if you are around any other people
- Wear TWO pairs of gloves:
- A latex or equivalent waterproof inner pair to protect your hands from liquids, and
- A durable outer pair to protect from sharp or abrasive items
- Consider using a “reacher” to reduce bending over and to reach through brush
- Don’t try to move things heavier than you can easily handle
- Watch your step on waters’ edges or uneven or muddy ground
Suggested areas to clean up:
- Anywhere around your neighborhood, along streets and sidewalks
- In Village parks, such as Pierson, Neperan and Wilson
- Along walking and hiking paths – see the map HERE
- Along waterways, such as the Lakes, Andre and Sheldon Brooks, and the Pocantico and Hudson Rivers
Where to leave your bags of trash and recyclables – the Village will be picking up from these areas; be sure to tie bags tightly closed:
- A. The Skate Shack Lot (foot of Sunnyside Ave.)
- B. The pull-off parking areas on the north and south of the “S-turn” across the lakes
- C. In front of the old Eastview Pump House below the dam
- D. At Pierson Park by the cul-de-sac.
- E. At Losee Park on either side of the field – by Lot F (parking lot) or by the Kayak Rack.