The TEAC Landscaping Committee is planting and maintaining public pollinator gardens throughout the Village of Tarrytown to create habitat for pollinators, educate our community and beautify our public spaces.
Check the LINKS in the sidebar to see and learn more!
(They will open in a separate window, just close it to return here.)
We are active in reaching out to our community with ongoing seed giveaways and planting events such as our winter MIlkweed Planting Event for children at the Warner Library and spring planting events. In the summer you can find us at the TEAC table at TASH market where we provide info on pollinator plantings and healthy yard practices.
If you would like to join us in planting for pollinators or would like more information please contact us. We will be offering free garden consults this spring for anyone interested in adding native plantings to their property.
We have several new public garden projects in the works this spring and welcome volunteers to help plant and maintain the gardens.
Please contact us at tarrytownenviro.org to volunteer.
Some Garden Info from others:
- Pollinator Pathways – https://www.pollinator-pathway.org
- Short CBS News clip on Pollinator Pathways – https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/connecticut-women-create-movement-to-let-lawns-grow-pollinator-pathway
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center – https://www.wildflower.org
- Missouri Botanical Gardens – https://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org
- Native Plant Center, Westchester Community College – https://www.sunywcc.edu/about/npc